Last updated: Sunday, September 24, 2023
Kansai International Airport is a large airport located in Osaka, Japan. It serves Osaka and the surrounding areas.
It operates scheduled services and is identified by the IATA code KIX.
Kansai International Airport is situated in the continent of Asia, specifically in the country of Japan, with latitude 34.427299 and longitude 135.244003.
It has an elevation of 7.92 meters (26 ft) and is identified by the GPS code RJBB.
|Elevation||7.92 m (26 ft)|
|Address||1 Senshukukokita, Izumisano, Osaka 549-0001, Japan|
|Website||Kansai International Airport|
|Wikipedia||Kansai International Airport|
Kansai International Airport
1 Senshukukokita, Izumisano, Osaka 549-0001, Japan
Which country is Kansai International Airport?
Kansai International Airport is situated in Osaka, which is in Japan, a country located on the continent of Asia.
How do I get from Kansai International Airport to city centre?
There are several options to get from Kansai International Airport to the city center:
Train: The most convenient and popular option is to take the train. The Kansai Airport Rapid Service connects the airport to major stations in Osaka, including Namba, Tennoji, and Osaka Station. The journey takes around 50 minutes and costs approximately 1,200 yen.
Airport Limousine Bus: The airport offers limousine bus services that connect directly to various locations in the city center, such as Namba, Umeda, and Kyoto. The travel time and fares vary depending on the destination, but it is a convenient option if you have a lot of luggage.
Taxi: Taxis are available outside the airport terminals. However, they can be quite expensive, especially for long distances. It is recommended to use taxis only if you have a lot of luggage or are traveling in a group.
Rental Car: If you prefer to drive, you can rent a car at the airport. However, keep in mind that parking in the city center can be expensive and traffic can be congested.
Overall, taking the train or airport limousine bus are the most popular and convenient options for getting from Kansai International Airport to the city center.
Flying soon? Search and compare cheapest flights from Osaka.
If you need help before or during your trip, seek assistance immediately. Choose what you need help with:
Things to do
Are you planning a trip to Japan? Don't have any plans yet, and want some ideas?
You might enjoy finding some fun things to do in or around Osaka. Check out our partner Civitatis to find and book popular activities in Osaka.
Most common questions
Below are quick answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Kansai International Airport.
- How do I get to Kansai International Airport from Osaka city center?
- The most convenient way to reach Kansai International Airport from Osaka city center is by taking the Airport Express train, also known as the "Haruka." The Haruka train departs from major stations in Osaka, such as Shin-Osaka and Tennoji, and takes approximately 50 minutes to reach the airport.
- Are there any hotels located within Kansai International Airport?
- Yes, there are several hotels located within Kansai International Airport. The airport has two on-site hotels: Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport and First Cabin Kansai-Airport. These hotels offer convenient accommodation options for travelers with early morning or late-night flights, as well as those with long layovers.
- Is there free Wi-Fi available at Kansai International Airport?
- Yes, Kansai International Airport provides free Wi-Fi access throughout the terminal buildings. Travelers can connect to the airport's Wi-Fi network by selecting the "Free_Wi-Fi_KIX" network and following the instructions provided. This allows passengers to stay connected and access the internet during their time at the airport.