Last updated: Sunday, September 24, 2023
Berlin Brandenburg Airport is a large airport located in Berlin, Germany. It serves Berlin and the surrounding areas.
It operates scheduled services and is identified by the IATA code BER.
Berlin Brandenburg Airport is situated in the continent of Europe, specifically in the country of Germany, with latitude 52.362247 and longitude 13.500672.
It has an elevation of 47.85 meters (157 ft) and is identified by the GPS code EDDB.
|Phone||+49 30 609160910|
|Elevation||47.85 m (157 ft)|
|Address||Melli-Beese-Ring 1, 12529 Schönefeld, Germany|
|Website||Berlin Brandenburg Airport|
|Wikipedia||Berlin Brandenburg Airport|
Berlin Brandenburg Airport
Melli-Beese-Ring 1, 12529 Schönefeld, Germany
Which country is Berlin Brandenburg Airport?
Berlin Brandenburg Airport is situated in Berlin, which is in Germany, a country located on the continent of Europe.
How do I get from Berlin Brandenburg Airport to city centre?
To get from Berlin Brandenburg Airport to the city center, you have several options:
- Take the Airport Express (FEX) train, which runs every 30 minutes from the airport to Berlin Hauptbahnhof (main train station). The journey takes around 30 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can take the regional trains (RE7 or RB14) from the airport to Berlin Hauptbahnhof or other central stations. These trains run more frequently but may take a bit longer.
- Several bus lines operate from the airport to different parts of the city. The most convenient option is the TXL bus, which runs from the airport to Alexanderplatz, passing through major attractions like Brandenburg Gate and Museum Island. Other bus lines include X7, 171, and 163, which connect to different parts of the city.
- Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminals. The journey to the city center takes around 30-40 minutes, depending on traffic conditions.
- If you prefer to drive, you can rent a car at the airport and follow the signs to the city center. The journey usually takes around 30 minutes, but it can vary depending on traffic.
It's worth noting that public transportation in Berlin is efficient and well-connected, so taking the train or bus is often the most convenient and cost-effective option.
Flying soon? Search and compare cheapest flights from Berlin.
If you need help before or during your trip, seek assistance immediately. Choose what you need help with:
Things to do
Are you planning a trip to Germany? Don't have any plans yet, and want some ideas?
You might enjoy finding some fun things to do in or around Berlin. Check out our partner Civitatis to find and book popular activities in Berlin.
Most common questions
Below are quick answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Berlin Brandenburg Airport.
When will Berlin Brandenburg Airport open? Berlin Brandenburg Airport, also known as BER, opened on October 31, 2020. After several delays and setbacks, the airport finally commenced operations, replacing the older Tegel and Schönefeld airports.
How big is Berlin Brandenburg Airport? Berlin Brandenburg Airport covers an area of approximately 1,470 hectares (3,630 acres). The main terminal building, Terminal 1, has a total floor space of around 360,000 square meters, making it one of the largest airport terminals in Europe.
What airlines operate at Berlin Brandenburg Airport? Numerous airlines operate at Berlin Brandenburg Airport, offering both domestic and international flights. Some of the major airlines include Lufthansa, easyJet, Ryanair, Eurowings, Turkish Airlines, and British Airways. Additionally, several low-cost carriers and charter airlines also serve the airport, providing a wide range of travel options for passengers.