Last updated: Sunday, August 20, 2023
Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport is a large airport located in Budapest, Hungary. It serves Budapest and the surrounding areas.
It operates scheduled services and is identified by the IATA code BUD.
Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport is situated in the continent of Europe, specifically in the country of Hungary, with latitude 47.42976 and longitude 19.261093.
It has an elevation of 150.88 meters (495 ft) and is identified by the GPS code LHBP.
|Phone||+36 1 296 7000|
|Elevation||150.88 m (495 ft)|
|Address||Budapest, 1185 Hungary|
|Website||Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport|
|Wikipedia||Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport|
Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport
Budapest, 1185 Hungary
Which country is Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport?
Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport is situated in Budapest, which is in Hungary, a country located on the continent of Europe.
How do I get from Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport to city centre?
There are several options to get from Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport to the city center:
Taxi: Taxis are available outside the airport terminal. Make sure to use official taxi companies and agree on the fare before starting the journey. The approximate cost is around 25-30 euros, depending on traffic and the exact location in the city center.
Airport Shuttle: The airport offers a shuttle service called "Airport Minibus" that operates door-to-door transfers to various locations in Budapest. You can book the shuttle at the airport or in advance online. The cost is around 10-15 euros per person.
Public Transportation: The airport is well-connected to the city center by public transportation. Take bus 100E from the airport to Deák Ferenc tér, which is a central square in Budapest. The bus runs every 30 minutes and the journey takes approximately 35-40 minutes. The cost is around 3 euros.
Train: The airport has a train station called "Ferihegy" that connects to the city center. Take the train to Nyugati Railway Station, which is located in the city center. Trains run every 10-15 minutes and the journey takes around 25 minutes. The cost is approximately 2 euros.
Car Rental: If you prefer to drive, you can rent a car at the airport. There are several car rental companies available, and the drive to the city center takes around 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
Choose the option that suits your preferences and budget.
Flying soon? Search and compare cheapest flights from Budapest.
If you need help before or during your trip, seek assistance immediately. Choose what you need help with:
Things to do
Are you planning a trip to Hungary? Don't have any plans yet, and want some ideas?
You might enjoy finding some fun things to do in or around Budapest. Check out our partner Civitatis to find and book popular activities in Budapest.
Most common questions
Below are quick answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport.
- How far is Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport from the city center?
- Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport is located approximately 16 kilometers southeast of the city center. The journey by car usually takes around 30 minutes, depending on traffic conditions.
- Are there public transportation options available from the airport to the city center?
- Yes, there are several public transportation options available from Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport to the city center. The most convenient and cost-effective option is the Airport Shuttle Bus, which operates regularly and takes passengers directly to various locations in the city. Additionally, there is a direct bus line (100E) that connects the airport with the city center, as well as a train service (Airport Express) that runs between the airport and Nyugati Railway Station.
- Are there any hotels near Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport?
- Yes, there are several hotels located near Budapest Liszt Ferenc International Airport, offering convenient accommodation options for travelers. Some of the hotels are within walking distance of the airport terminals, while others provide shuttle services for their guests. These hotels cater to different budgets and offer a range of amenities, making them suitable for both short layovers and longer stays.
Ferihegyi nemzetközi repülőtér, Budapest Liszt Ferenc international Airport