Last updated: Sunday, September 24, 2023
Rome–Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci International Airport is a large airport located in Rome, Italy. It serves Rome and the surrounding areas.
It operates scheduled services and is identified by the IATA code FCO.
Rome–Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci International Airport is situated in the continent of Europe, specifically in the country of Italy, with latitude 41.804532 and longitude 12.251998.
It has an elevation of 3.96 meters (13 ft) and is identified by the GPS code LIRF.
|Phone||+39 06 65951|
|Elevation||3.96 m (13 ft)|
|Address||Via dell'Aeroporto, di, 00054 Fiumicino RM, Italy|
|Website||Rome–Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci International Airport|
|Wikipedia||Rome–Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci International Airport|
Rome–Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci International Airport
Via dell'Aeroporto, di, 00054 Fiumicino RM, Italy
Which country is Rome–Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci International Airport?
Rome–Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci International Airport is situated in Rome, which is in Italy, a country located on the continent of Europe.
How do I get from Rome–Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci International Airport to city centre?
There are several options to get from Rome-Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci International Airport to the city center:
Train: The Leonardo Express is a direct train service that runs between the airport and Rome Termini, the main train station in the city center. The journey takes approximately 30 minutes and trains depart every 15-30 minutes. Tickets can be purchased at the airport train station or online.
Bus: Several bus companies operate services between the airport and various locations in Rome. The most popular option is the Terravision bus, which runs between the airport and Termini station. Other bus companies include SIT, TAM, and Cotral. Tickets can be purchased at the airport or online.
Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminals. It is recommended to use official white taxis with meters. The journey to the city center takes around 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic. Make sure the taxi driver starts the meter at the beginning of the journey.
Private Transfer: You can also arrange for a private transfer service to pick you up from the airport and take you directly to your destination in the city center. Many companies offer this service, and it can be booked in advance online or at the airport.
Rental Car: If you prefer to drive yourself, you can rent a car at the airport. There are several car rental companies located in the arrivals area. However, keep in mind that driving in Rome can be challenging due to traffic and limited parking options.
Choose the option that best suits your preferences and budget.
Flying soon? Search and compare cheapest flights from Rome.
If you need help before or during your trip, seek assistance immediately. Choose what you need help with:
Things to do
Are you planning a trip to Italy? Don't have any plans yet, and want some ideas?
You might enjoy finding some fun things to do in or around Rome. Check out our partner Civitatis to find and book popular activities in Rome.
Most common questions
Below are quick answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Rome–Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci International Airport.
- How far is Rome–Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci International Airport from the city center of Rome?
- The airport is located approximately 32 kilometers (20 miles) southwest of the city center of Rome. It takes around 30-40 minutes to reach the city center by car or taxi, depending on traffic conditions.
- What airlines operate at Rome–Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci International Airport?
- The airport serves as a major hub for several airlines, including Alitalia, the national carrier of Italy. Other prominent airlines operating at the airport include Ryanair, easyJet, Lufthansa, British Airways, Emirates, and Delta Air Lines, among others.
- Are there any transportation options available from the airport to the city center?
- Yes, there are several transportation options available from the airport to the city center. The Leonardo Express train is a popular choice, providing a direct connection between the airport and Rome's Termini Station. Additionally, there are various bus services, such as the Terravision and SitBusShuttle, which offer affordable transfers to different parts of the city. Taxis and car rental services are also readily available at the airport.
ROM, Rome Fiumicino Airport, Fiumicino Airport