Last updated: Sunday, September 24, 2023
Kraków John Paul II International Airport is a large airport located in Kraków, Poland. It serves Kraków and the surrounding areas.
It operates scheduled services and is identified by the IATA code KRK.
Kraków John Paul II International Airport is situated in the continent of Europe, specifically in the country of Poland, with latitude 50.077702 and longitude 19.7848.
It has an elevation of 241.10 meters (791 ft) and is identified by the GPS code EPKK.
|Phone||+48 12 295 58 00|
|Elevation||241.10 m (791 ft)|
|Address||Kapitana Mieczysława Medweckiego 1, 32-083 Balice, Poland|
|Website||Kraków John Paul II International Airport|
|Wikipedia||Kraków John Paul II International Airport|
Kraków John Paul II International Airport
Kapitana Mieczysława Medweckiego 1, 32-083 Balice, Poland
Which country is Kraków John Paul II International Airport?
Kraków John Paul II International Airport is situated in Kraków, which is in Poland, a country located on the continent of Europe.
How do I get from Kraków John Paul II International Airport to city centre?
To get from Kraków John Paul II International Airport to the city center, you have several options:
Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. The journey to the city center takes around 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic. Make sure to use official taxi services and agree on the fare before starting the ride.
Train: The airport has a train station located near the passenger terminal. You can take a train from the airport to the city center. The journey takes approximately 20 minutes, and the train operates every 30 minutes. Tickets can be purchased at the ticket machines or at the ticket office.
Bus: There are several bus lines that connect the airport to the city center. The most convenient option is bus line 208, which operates between the airport and the main train station (Kraków Główny). The journey takes around 40 minutes, depending on traffic. Tickets can be purchased from the ticket machines or from the driver.
Airport Shuttle: There are also shuttle services available that provide transportation from the airport to the city center. These shuttles operate on a shared basis and can be booked in advance or at the airport.
Choose the option that suits your preferences and budget.
Flying soon? Search and compare cheapest flights from Kraków.
If you need help before or during your trip, seek assistance immediately. Choose what you need help with:
Things to do
Are you planning a trip to Poland? Don't have any plans yet, and want some ideas?
You might enjoy finding some fun things to do in or around Kraków. Check out our partner Civitatis to find and book popular activities in Kraków.
Most common questions
Below are quick answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Kraków John Paul II International Airport.
- How far is Kraków John Paul II International Airport from the city center?
- The airport is located approximately 11 kilometers (7 miles) west of the city center of Kraków. It takes around 20-30 minutes to reach the city center by car or taxi, depending on traffic conditions.
- What airlines operate at Kraków John Paul II International Airport?
- The airport serves as a hub for several airlines, including LOT Polish Airlines, Ryanair, and easyJet. Additionally, numerous other international and domestic airlines operate regular flights to and from the airport, providing a wide range of destinations for travelers.
- Are there public transportation options available from the airport to the city center?
- Yes, there are convenient public transportation options available from the airport to the city center. The airport is well-connected by bus and train services. The Kraków Airport Train Station is located near the passenger terminal, offering direct connections to the city center and other major destinations. Additionally, several bus lines operate from the airport, providing affordable transportation options for travelers.