Last updated: Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Warsaw Chopin Airport is a large airport located in Warsaw, Poland. It serves Warsaw and the surrounding areas.
It operates scheduled services and is identified by the IATA code WAW.
Warsaw Chopin Airport is situated in the continent of Europe, specifically in the country of Poland, with latitude 52.1656990051 and longitude 20.9671001434.
It has an elevation of 110.34 meters (362 ft) and is identified by the GPS code EPWA.
|+48 22 650 42 20
|110.34 m (362 ft)
|Żwirki i Wigury 1, 02-143 Warszawa, Poland
|Warsaw Chopin Airport
|Warsaw Chopin Airport
Warsaw Chopin Airport
Żwirki i Wigury 1, 02-143 Warszawa, Poland
Which country is Warsaw Chopin Airport?
Warsaw Chopin Airport is situated in Warsaw, which is in Poland, a country located on the continent of Europe.
How do I get from Warsaw Chopin Airport to city centre?
To get from Warsaw Chopin Airport to the city center, you have several options:
Taxi: Taxis are readily available outside the airport terminal. The journey to the city center takes around 20-30 minutes, depending on traffic. Make sure to use licensed taxis and ask for an estimated fare before getting in.
Bus: There are several bus lines that connect the airport with the city center. The most convenient option is bus number 175, which runs frequently and stops at major landmarks in the city center. The journey takes approximately 30-40 minutes.
Train: The airport has a train station located near Terminal A. You can take the S2 train line, which runs between the airport and the city center. The journey takes around 20 minutes, and trains depart every 15-20 minutes.
Airport Shuttle: Some hotels in Warsaw offer airport shuttle services for their guests. Check with your hotel if they provide this service and arrange for a pick-up.
Choose the option that suits your preferences and budget.
Flying soon? Search and compare cheapest flights from Warsaw.
If you need help before or during your trip, seek assistance immediately. Choose what you need help with:
Things to do
Are you planning a trip to Poland? Don't have any plans yet, and want some ideas?
You might enjoy finding some fun things to do in or around Warsaw. Check out our partner Civitatis to find and book popular activities in Warsaw.
Most common questions
Below are quick answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Warsaw Chopin Airport.
- How far is Warsaw Chopin Airport from the city center?
- Warsaw Chopin Airport is located approximately 10 kilometers (6.2 miles) southwest of the city center. It takes around 20-30 minutes to reach the city center by car, depending on traffic conditions.
- Are there any public transportation options available from Warsaw Chopin Airport?
- Yes, there are several public transportation options available from Warsaw Chopin Airport. The most convenient one is the S2 train line, which connects the airport with the city center and other major train stations. Additionally, there are several bus lines that operate from the airport, providing connections to different parts of Warsaw.
- Is there a hotel located within Warsaw Chopin Airport?
- Yes, there is a hotel located within Warsaw Chopin Airport called the Courtyard by Marriott Warsaw Airport. It is conveniently situated just a few steps away from the terminal building, making it a convenient option for travelers with early morning or late-night flights. The hotel offers comfortable rooms, dining options, and various amenities for a pleasant stay.