Last updated: Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Washington Dulles International Airport is a large airport located in Dulles, United States. It serves Dulles and the surrounding areas.
It operates scheduled services and is identified by the IATA code IAD.
Washington Dulles International Airport is situated in the continent of North America, specifically in the country of United States, with latitude 38.9445 and longitude -77.455803.
It has an elevation of 95.10 meters (312 ft) and is identified by the GPS code KIAD.
|95.10 m (312 ft)
|1 Saarinen Cir, Dulles, VA 20166, United States
|Washington Dulles International Airport
|Washington Dulles International Airport
Washington Dulles International Airport
1 Saarinen Cir, Dulles, VA 20166, United States
Which country is Washington Dulles International Airport?
Washington Dulles International Airport is situated in Dulles, which is in United States, a country located on the continent of North America.
How do I get from Washington Dulles International Airport to city centre?
There are several options to get from Washington Dulles International Airport to the city center:
Taxi: Taxis are available outside the airport terminals. The journey to the city center takes approximately 45 minutes to an hour, depending on traffic conditions.
Shuttle Service: Shared shuttle services like SuperShuttle and Washington Flyer operate from the airport to various locations in the city center. You can book these services in advance or find their counters at the airport.
Metro: The Silver Line Express Bus connects the airport to the Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station. From there, you can take the Silver Line Metro train to reach various destinations in the city center.
Car Rental: If you prefer to drive, you can rent a car from one of the rental agencies available at the airport. The city center is accessible via the Dulles Access Road and the Interstate 66.
Public Bus: The Washington Flyer Bus operates between the airport and the West Falls Church Metro Station, where you can transfer to the Orange Line Metro train to reach the city center.
It is recommended to check the schedules and availability of these transportation options in advance to plan your journey efficiently.
Flying soon? Search and compare cheapest flights from Dulles.
If you need help before or during your trip, seek assistance immediately. Choose what you need help with:
Things to do
Are you planning a trip to United States? Don't have any plans yet, and want some ideas?
You might enjoy finding some fun things to do in or around Dulles. Check out our partner Civitatis to find and book popular activities in Dulles.
Most common questions
Below are quick answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Washington Dulles International Airport.
- How far is Washington Dulles International Airport from downtown Washington, D.C.?
- Washington Dulles International Airport is located approximately 26 miles west of downtown Washington, D.C. It typically takes around 45 minutes to 1 hour to travel between the airport and the city center, depending on traffic conditions.
- What airlines operate at Washington Dulles International Airport?
- Washington Dulles International Airport serves as a major hub for several airlines, including United Airlines, which has a large presence at the airport. Other major carriers operating at Dulles include American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and Southwest Airlines. Additionally, numerous international airlines offer flights to and from Dulles, connecting the airport to destinations around the world.
- Are there public transportation options available to and from Washington Dulles International Airport?
- Yes, there are public transportation options available to and from Washington Dulles International Airport. The Washington Flyer Silver Line Express Bus provides a direct connection between the airport and the Wiehle-Reston East Metro Station, which is part of the Washington Metro system. Additionally, various shuttle services, taxis, and rideshare options are available for travelers to choose from.