Last updated: Sunday, September 24, 2023
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is a large airport located in Washington, United States. It serves Washington and the surrounding areas.
It operates scheduled services and is identified by the IATA code DCA.
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is situated in the continent of North America, specifically in the country of United States, with latitude 38.8521 and longitude -77.037697.
It has an elevation of 4.57 meters (15 ft) and is identified by the GPS code KDCA.
|Elevation||4.57 m (15 ft)|
|Address||2401 Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport Access Rd, Arlington, VA 22202, United States|
|Website||Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport|
|Wikipedia||Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport|
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport
2401 Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport Access Rd, Arlington, VA 22202, United States
Which country is Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport?
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is situated in Washington, which is in United States, a country located on the continent of North America.
How do I get from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport to city centre?
To get from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport to the city center, you have several options:
Metro: The airport has its own Metro station on the Blue and Yellow lines. Take the Metrorail from the airport station to the city center. The journey takes around 15-20 minutes, and you can get off at various downtown stations like Metro Center, Gallery Place-Chinatown, or Federal Triangle.
Taxi or Rideshare: Taxis and rideshare services like Uber and Lyft are readily available at the airport. Follow the signs to the designated taxi or rideshare pick-up areas, and request a ride to your desired city center location. The travel time will depend on traffic conditions.
Shuttle: Some hotels and private companies offer shuttle services from the airport to downtown hotels or specific locations. Check with your hotel or search for shuttle services in advance to see if they provide this option.
Bus: The Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA) operates several bus routes that connect the airport to downtown Washington, D.C. Look for the Metrobus stops outside the terminals and check the schedules and routes to find the one that suits your destination.
Rental Car: If you prefer to drive, you can rent a car from one of the rental car companies available at the airport. Follow the signs to the rental car center, pick up your vehicle, and drive to the city center. Keep in mind that parking in the city center can be expensive and limited.
Consider factors like cost, convenience, and your specific destination to choose the best option for your needs.
Flying soon? Search and compare cheapest flights from Washington.
If you need help before or during your trip, seek assistance immediately. Choose what you need help with:
Things to do
Are you planning a trip to United States? Don't have any plans yet, and want some ideas?
You might enjoy finding some fun things to do in or around Washington. Check out our partner Civitatis to find and book popular activities in Washington.
Most common questions
Below are quick answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport.
- How far is Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport from downtown Washington, D.C.?
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport is conveniently located just 3 miles south of downtown Washington, D.C. This makes it easily accessible for travelers heading to the heart of the city.
- What airlines operate at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport?
- Several major airlines operate at Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport, including American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines, and JetBlue Airways. These airlines offer a wide range of domestic and limited international flights to various destinations.
- Is there public transportation available to and from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport?
- Yes, there are several public transportation options available for travelers to and from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. The airport is directly connected to the Washington Metro system, with a dedicated station on the Blue and Yellow lines. Additionally, there are various bus services, including the Metrobus and the Washington Flyer Silver Line Express, which provide convenient transportation to different parts of the city and surrounding areas.